Friday, December 11, 2009

Indie Chic @ 10th Street Art Fair

I am happy to say that the Indie Chic @ 10th Street art fair was a great experience. I made some friends, sold some artwork, and got to spend the day in the sunshine.

What is Indie Chic @ 10th Street? The sponsors say it best: It is an alternative craft fair with a selection of hip, handmade items including clothing, jewelry, ceramics and wall art all made by independent crafters. Vendors are carefully chosen for their unique urban aesthetics.

Shop hand-crafted and local. Why? It helps the environment by reducing your carbon footprint, it keeps your hard-earned money in the community and it supports Phoenix's handmade revolution!

This was the first event in which I donated 10% of my proceeds to an avian conservation organization. That organization was Liberty Wildlife located here in the Phoenix area.

I've really gained so much from Liberty since I began volunteering there. It was a meager donation but backed with much appreciation for the wonderful services they provide to our local critters!

No comments:

Post a Comment